hypertrophy of the heart muscle - a perfectly normal phenomenon among athletes, because they myocardial wall thickening due to high physical activity.But there is left ventricular hypertrophy (cardiomyopathy) - this is quite a serious disease that requires constant treatment and adherence to the correct mode.It is worth noting that to date there are no drugs that can get rid of this disease.All formulations are only intended to support normal operation of the heart.
Left ventricular hypertrophy: the causes of disease
Numerous medical studies have shown that this disorder is hereditary and is transmitted as an autosomal dominant trait.However, the thickening of the walls of the heart are not always caused by genetics.In other cases, the causes of the disease can not always be determined.However, researchers have identified certain risk groups:
- Age (in some cases, the first symptoms appear in childhood, but often the disease begins to progress later - in 19-25 years).
- Statistical data suggest that the disease is much more common among men.
- risk group includes people suffering from obesity.
- Matter and related problems in the cardiovascular system, including chronic hypertension, impaired coronary circulation, etc.
- are taken into account, and other diseases, including diabetes.
Left ventricular hypertrophy: symptoms
Quite often the disease progresses without any noticeable symptoms and is diagnosed only after it had a heart attack or stroke.But most of the left ventricular hypertrophy is accompanied by a number of characteristic features:
- high blood pressure.When the disease
- heart wall thickens, but the internal volume remains the same or even decreased, whereby heart failure may develop.Pain in the heart, headaches, dizziness, weakness, fainting - all worrying signs.Left ventricular hypertrophy can lead to frequent fainting.
- myocardial hypertrophy accompanied by arrhythmia (heart that beats too fast, then suddenly the rhythm slows down).
Left ventricular hypertrophy: diagnostics
actually correct diagnosis is not always easy.That is why with the above symptoms should contact an experienced doctor.As a rule, the patient is prescribed a number of studies, which includes:
- electrocardiogram (changes in it to suggest an increase in the size of the left ventricle);
- echocardiography (this method can not only detect the presence of disease, but also to find out the location and the degree of hypertrophy);
- genetic studies also are important because they help determine the form of the disease.
Left ventricular hypertrophy: the treatment
As mentioned earlier, there is no single method of treatment of this disease.And forecasts for the patient directly depend on the severity of the disease, its forms, as well as the age and lifestyle of the person.Typically, patients with medication, help to normalize heart muscle and prevent the development of disease (they need to take the time).In addition, you must follow the right diet and maintain a healthy body weight, and refuse excessive exercise and unhealthy habits.